Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tate is Here!!
Our Handsome little man made his arrival on June 21st, 2012.  He is so wonderful, and handsome!! Paityn is the BEST big sister EVER!!!! She loves him so much, and we have had no issues with her!!

-Here is our story if you want to read it!! if anyone even reads blogs anymore!! We were due June 29th, but I informed my doctor that I was NOT going to go over my due date this time since I had to go over a whole week the last time!! lol  So we scheduled to have him on the June 22nd at 7am, exactly one week before his due date!!  I was given a choice this time around to whether I wanted to try a VBAC or have another C-section.  Russ and I talked about it for a while and couldn't decide what to do, so I asked my doctor what he thought I should do, he then proceeded to tell me he thought I had about a 5 percent chance of delivering him vaginally, he thought if we choose the VBAC it would be many hours in labor and would still end in a C-section.  So clearly we chose the C-section, and I am so glad we did.  For our little family it was the right choice.   Towards the end of my pregancy I started to have some issuse with my heart, so after being monitored for a few days, they decided it would be best for me to let Little Tate make his entrance on June 21st instead, which of course I was thrilled about, who doesn't want to meet their little babe at 38 weeks and 6 days.
-We got to the IMC Hospital at 5 am, such an interesting feeling leaving our little house and family knowing its all about to change as we add this little one to our family.  I remember being nervous, nervous about a lot of things, nervous that poor Paityns life was going to change, that I wouldn't love this baby as much as I loved her, etc.  The checked me in, gave me my IV, I didn't even have time to put my mascara on, and had us walking to the Operating Room at 6:05am.  It was a much different feeling in the OR this time then when we were there with Paityn.  Everyone in the room with Paityn was very serious, didn't talk to Russ or I, and were working so fast, because she was in trouble.  This time, it was very laid back.  I walked into the OR, met all my doctors and nurses and the anesthesiologist.  The doctor that assisted Dr Kaelberer was Dr. Labrum, he delivered me and all my brothers, that was really cool to talk with him for a little bit. He was actually my dads Young mens leader or something like that when he was young.  Russ and all the doctors joked around, there was lots of laughing going on while I was getting my spinal block.  Then lots of other things happened I am assuming, because I have seen the pictures and at 6:53am I heard his cute little cry.  Then Russ left my side and went to check him out.  Dr Kaelberer just kept saying he has LOTS of hair, which was weird for me because I felt like all baby boys were suppose to be bald.  He weighed in at 7 pounds 7 ounces 20.5 inches long.  Two ounces and one inch smaller than his older sister, not to bad growing two whole weeks less than she did.  They then brought him over for me to see him, he was BEAUTIFUL!!! I couldnt wait to hold him.  The stitched and stapled me up, got me all cleaned up and off we went to the recovery room.  SUCH A SMOOTHER PROCESS THAN AN EMERGENCY C-SECTION!!!
-We were met in the hall by Russ' parents, and my parents and Paityn soon followed.  I loved holding my little boy, I dont know why I was so worried about loving him, he is perfect.  He came out screaming, and screamed for a good hour or so.......I was nervous, but he stopped and he is actually not a cryer at all.  My parents brought Paityn in and she was a little apprehensive at first, but soon warmed up. It was very special to watch Paityn meet her brother for the first time.  She loves him very much, hopefully that will last as they grow up!! lol

Here are some pictures.......Warning some are from my C-Section......





 Yep!! See I told you he came out screaming!!!












Terrible picture of me, but so adorable of my two darling kids!! Guess I am a "real" mom now!!


 So Precious!!!

 He really is the best dad!!


Introducing Tate Russell Bass






Sorry for this SUPER LONG post!!!

5 comments:

Beck said...

I saw that you had posted and I thought the world must be ending. Haha. I was so happy to hear from you! So happy to hear your story and that it was a good experience. Your children are so precious. I can't believe how much P looks like you and what a handsome man T is. We love you guys and miss you like crazy!
-Anna

Anonymous said...

I love super long posts! Tate is beautiful. And that is one of my favorite names. I have a nephew named Tate and he is a rockstar-he's so cool. Congrats! You sure are turning out one DARLING family:)

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

such a great post! I LOVE birth stories and this one was very sweet. you look great and that baby is extremely beautiful!

~MIRANDA~ said...

I love labor stories. So glad this Labor went much smoother for you. He is so beautiful Aub and can I say HOLY HAIR! Congrats to your family of 4!

The Ballash Blog said...

I still read blogs and mine isn't private anymore so come follow mine!

theballashblog.blogspot.com

Congrats!! I think we have already mentioned this but my little guy was born June 29 so yours is about a week older! Its so funny that both our kids are so close in age! I also love labor stories! He is SOO adorable! Mine was born bald and is still pretty much bald except for this cute, soft peach fuzz :)

I hope you are fully recovered by now (I don't know how c-sections go, recovery-wise)!